- Stand your dog upright on all four legs (called a "stacked" position)
- COLLARS: Using a soft rule measure the circumference of the neck where a collar would rest. Add 1-1/2" to 2" (less for tiny dogs).
- HARNESSES: Use a soft ruler and measure the girth around the widest part directly behind the front legs.
- CLOTHING: Measure girth as above, plus the "top line" (length) from the collar to the base of the tail.
- BELLY BANDS: Measure the circumference directly in front of the rear legs.
View the video below for visual guidance on measuring.
NOTE: weight is not a good indicator of size. Any two same weight dogs can have drastically different dimensions.